Thursday, June 01, 2006

Surprise! Devin is here and he allowed me to use his laptop so I get to update you all! I'm currently in our hotel in Des Moines for training. We've been training hard (ok, well maybe not - the 6 of us just got through playing lots of trivia games. Anyway, I'm sure you wanna hear about my trip. I flew on 2 different toothbrushes to get here. Overall though it wasn't too bad. I got here a day earlier than everyone else so I had all day (or half the day once I finally got picked up!) to chill.

I've already been reminded of God's faithfulness as I was able to go to church last night. Actually, it was a prayer service attended by 10 people counting me. It was such a sweet time though - normally I would have been praying with my ladies, so God sent me a reminder/replacement of that to encourage me that it really doesn't matter who I pray with - it's just cool to pray with other believers!

(By the way, the Devin I mentioned earlier is a really cool guy and the guy I'll be working a lot with at New Life. He just graduated from college not to long ago and currently he does the children and youth programs at New Life. I think that we'll probably hang out a lot this summer along with Kyle so that's cool.)

Anyway, back to the church I went to last night. The name of it was Waukee Baptist. If you feel led, please pray for this church as it just recently has experienced some great things with 13 people being baptized in the past 3 months! Pray that it continues to grow and that the pastor (mike) and his wife (Virginia) will be encouraged and reenergized through this. The whole way I was able to go to this church was actually really cool. I didn't have anyone at the airport to pick me up so I had to wait for Jonette to get there! Well she is a really sweet lady in her mid-50's. After making sure I was checked into the hotel and all, she invited me to church with her and said she would pick me up. Well, we ended up going to Cracker Barrel (YUMMM!) before hand with her husband Norm and their friends Thelma Lou and John (their in their late 80's!) Oh My Goodness! Yes, I did say Thelma Lou and let me just tell you that she is HYSTERICAL! My favorite line that she said all night was "we eat our garbage - we can't afford to waste anything!" She's awesome!!! I wanna be like her when I'm old(er).

Well, currently it's late at night and I'm in Devin and Joseph's room (i don't have wireless in my room) so I better be going. I love you all and thank you for your prayers!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww....God is sooo faithful! I'm glad you were able to pray (and fellowship) with these lovely people! Amazing! I'm so excited! Oh...and are any of these boys...um....cute? Heh....just had to ask. Love you lots...you are in my prayers! (did you get my text...I don't want to be texting you and you not getting it...hehehe) Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about how God is taking care of you in spite of human error...sooooo glad to actually hear you today! I can't wait to see what all God does in and through your life this summer. Have I told you lately how proud I am of my girl? Love you bunches!! Mommie

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»