Thursday, February 16, 2006

I am going to Iowa this summer! To some, Iowa may not seem like the coolest of places to be going...but when God tells you to go somewhere, rest assured, it's gonna be cool. Anyway, currently I am trying to raise support so that I can afford to live both this summer and next school year. Please pray that I will get support. I wish I were leaving tomorrow but instead I am stuck in Memphis for 3-4 more months. The good news is that God is teaching me a lot right now...like brokeness. (I didn't say He was teaching me fun things) I've read the verse Psalm 119:136 several times as of late and could completely relate. I mean I have friends that I weep for because they aren't living for God. But then God smacked me upside the head and helped me to realize that it doesn't really matter if I weep for others if I'm not broken over my own sin first. Ouch! But it's a necessary lesson, especially one that I need before I can be of any help to New Life's ministry in Iowa. I'm still not broken like I ought to be, but at least the process has started. More later...

No comments: